(Redirected from Neighbor
A neighbor is a fellow FarmVille player on Facebook, who by mutual agreement is connected with the player in certain operations of the game. Neighbor requests work similar to a normal social networking friend request, in that one party invites the other to become "friends" (or, in this case, "neighbors"), and the other must accept the request. Neighbor requests can only be made to another user who is already a player's friend on Facebook.
There are three ways to gain neighbors playing FarmVille: inviting one's Facebook friends who are not yet playing the game to start playing; inviting friends who already play FarmVille to become a neighbor; and accepting invitations from Facebook friends. Once a neighbor request is accepted, the player has full rights to visit their neighbor's farm, help with tasks, fertilize crops, and post messages (up to ten per farm).
At this point in the game's development, a player can also visit a non-neighbor's farm and help with tasks; however, a certain number of neighbors is still required before a player can expand his or her farm.
Benefits of Neighbors
There are several benefits to having neighbors.
- Earn experience and coins - Sometimes, while at a friend's farm or at one's own, an automated message will appear from another neighbor asking the player for help. If the player helps his or her friend, he or she can earns coins and experience points. Please see the "Visiting Neighbors" section below for more information.
- Expand your farm - By obtaining a certain amount of neighbors, farmers may pay for farm expansions with coins instead of Farm Cash.
- Gain achievements - By adding more neighbors, farmers may earn Local Celebrity ribbons. Farmers may copy landscaping ideas from their neighbors' farms and use them on their own farms (note that farmers cannot remove items from another player's farm at any time). Several other ribbons are only achievable through neighbor interaction. Please see the "Visiting Neighbors" section below for more information.
- Get crops fertilized - Neighbors have the ability to fertilize each other's crops, which in turn awards the harvester extra experience points.
Drawbacks of Neighbors
There are several drawbacks to having too many neighbors.
- Time for visiting - The amount of time a farmer takes to visit a neighbor's farm, fertilize the crops on it, and feed the chickens in the chicken coops on it (if any), can be considerable, especially if the farm being visited does not block in the visiting farmer's avatar.
- Limited quantity - Farmers are limited to 300 neighbors. Farmers who have reached that limit are not allowed to invite friends from the neighbors.php page, non-players they have invited cannot effectively accept their invitations, and their attempts to accept invitations from others are not effective.
- Quantities for gifting - In addition to the FarmVille-imposed limit of 30 gifts per day, there is also a limit of 30 game-related interactions with fellow players or potential players per day, including neighbor requests and sending of gifts.
You may visit your friends farms as many times as you'd like, but only once per day will you be asked to help out on their farm by performing some type of mission.
Each day, the first 20 farms you help on will give you 20 coins and 5 experience points. Each farm you help on after that will give you 5 coins and 1 experience point.
You do not have to be neighbors to help on a friends farm. If you click "My Neighbors" tab at the top of the FarmVille page you will be taken to a page listing all your neighbors, pending neighbors, and friends who are not neighbors. Clicking the name of any friend on this page will take you to their farm, even if they have not accepted a neighbor request from you.
Aiding a neighbor by performing some type of mission contributes to the Good Samaritan ribbon.
While visiting a neighbor, once a day you may apply Crop Fertilizer, which contributes to the your Crop Whisperer ribbon and their King of Compost ribbon when the fertilized crops are harvested.