On October 15, 2009 the Crop Fertilizer feature was added. Users will receive 5 Bags of Fertilizer, per neighbors, per day. Those players can then use the fertilizer on crops on their neighbors' farms. Fertilizer bags are rewarded when you complete a friend mission (pulling weeds, chasing crows, etc.) and removed when you visit another neighbors farm. Once a crop has been fertilized, it will appear bigger than normal crops and sparkle. Fertilized crops reward experience points to the crop owner when harvested.
A new feature was added allowing to fertilize plowed land without seeds. The land gets the sparkle and any seeds placed on the land get initially fertilized.
A new ribbon was added to go with Crop Fertilizer called the Crop Whisperer ribbon.
How It Works
- Visit a neighbor's farm.
- Assist said neighbor (scare away crows, rake leaves, etc).
- If there are crops able to be fertilized available, you'll receive the bags of fertilizer.
- If you did NOT receive the fertilizer, continue to another neighbor and start the process over.
- If you DID receive fertilizer, you'll notice a small, white and blue bag on the bottom left hand side of the window. The bag has a small "x 5" next to it, indicating that you have 5 bags of fertilizer left.
- Click on one of your neighbor's crops or plowed land to fertilize it. Each bag will fertilize one square. Once done, the crop will sparkle.
- After fertilizing you can feed chicken if the neighbour has a Chicken Coop.
Things To Note
- Crops can be fertilized at every stage of growing, even crops ready to harvest.
- Plowed land without seeds can be fertilized, too.
- Fallow land and wilted crops cannot be fertilized.
- The 5 bags of fertilizer will be lost and disappear if you leave your neighbor without using them.